Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Visit from the Padres

Oh my goodness, what an exciting week or so it has been for us! Lot's has happened in the last week or so. Let's start with last Thursday shall we! :)
My parents got into town on Thursday afternoon. They left Sacramento about 6:30 in the morning and made it to our apartment by 4:00. That evening we had dinner and then showed them around OSU Campus and Corvallis. One of our stops was at a little restaurant called Francesca's where we introduced my parents to a little thing called... Gelato! Oh my goodness, it was all my Mom could talk about for the rest of the weekend. For those of you who don't know what gelato is, it is a Italian Ice Cream, and it is SO much better than regular ice cream. My Mom, who is a coldstone NUT, prefers gelato now to cold stone. She's funny like that!
Friday we made our trip to Newport, OR on the coast. It was so much fun! We just walked around and looked in all of the little shops. And by all of the little shops I mean ALL of the little shops. It was so fun though! Then we went and got dinner at Georgie's. It was a really fun day. Saturday David and my Dad hung out while my Mom and I went shopping! It was fun to spend the day with my Mom, we hadn't been able to do that for a long time. Saturday night we went out to eat and then just hung out for awhile.
Sunday was the BIG day of graduation and fathers day. For Father's Day we had steak, potato salad and corn on the cob for dinner. Then for dessert I made a spice cake for my Dad (his favorite), David's parents were down and brought a cheese cake for David (his favorite), and then we got an Oreo Cookie Ice Cream cake for DQ (everyone's favorite). Needless to say, we were not without sweets or food. It was good though. The Dad's/Dad-To-Be watched the last part of the US Open and then started watching the NBA finals. They all enjoyed their male boding time. The Mom's and I all sat in the kitchen for the most part and enjoyed each other's company. It was SO much fun!
Monday morning my parents left around 7:00, David and I got out of bed and said goodbye then quickly went back to bed because we were exhausted! David was so awesome that morning. I was SO exhausted! David got out of bed around 9:00 and I was still crashed out! Around 9:30 David came in with a plate of eggs, sausages, toast and orange juice. He woke me up to eat and told me that he knew that I was going to start getting hungry soon, so he thought he would try to beat the clock. He sure did some good timing because as soon as I woke up I was hungry. He also told me that he cleaned everything up in the guest room and other random stuff. It was so nice not to have to worry about it all. So he left the room while I ate and watched some TV, and as soon as I was done eating I set my plate on m nightstand and totally crashed out again. I slept on Monday until 12:00! I felt like such a bum, but my body TOTALLY needed it!
We LOVED our time with my parents here. We are so glad that they stayed with us and we could spend so much time with them. WE LOVE YOU MOM AND DAD!


My Cute Parents (Roy & Cindy)




Jenn and David
(Yes, that is my baby bump,
I am officially pregnant!)

No comments: