1-Year Anniversary

If you know me well, then you will have a hard time believing what 1-year anniversary I am celebrating. Well, believe it or not…

That’s right… I have not had a caffeinated soda, more specifically Diet Coke, for 1 whole year! INSANE!
I have turned my attentions to…

I didn’t really have much of a choice in the matter. After getting released from the hospital with my clots, a week later I was diagnosed with vertigo when I went back into the ER after having terrible dizzy spells and nausea. Accompanying that shortly after was terrible ringing of the ears. I went and saw an E.N.T. specialist and he diagnosed me with meniers. My brother Mike had a severe case of meniers. So severe that he had to have a surgery that was very invasive. His Dr. told him that he should stop drinking caffeine and that would stop the symptoms. Because mine wasn’t as severe I didn’t think it would affect me in the same way. Well, on November 28th, 2011 I had a quite a bit of soda but didn’t think much of it. The next day, I dropped Tucker off at pre-school and wasn’t feeling well. I had to go in and get my blood checked for my coumadin, so I called and they were able to get me in earlier in the day. I had Bailey with me and when I got to the hospital I went right in to use the restroom. My stomach was kind of upset but I didn’t think too much of it. When I went to the check in desk I gave her my information, and then I remember calmly asking the nurse if she would watch Bailey for me because I needed to go throw up. She was very helpful and I ran to the bathroom and got sick a few times. It was awful. The staff was AMAZING though! As soon as I came out of the bathroom there were nurses there to help me to a room in the back, they were taking care of Bailey, and made sure that I was as comfortable as they could make me. They were great. Once I got my blood checked and they got me some juice, I started to get better. Once I was feeling well enough they helped me out to the car so I could go home. Looking back, I should have been more honest with them and should have had David come and get me. Heavenly Father was definitely with me as I was driving home from the Hospital. I called David and told him that he needed to pick Tucker up from Pre-school and I was too sick to take care of the kids. So David had to come home and take care of the kids all day while I was laying in bed sick as could be. That day was the final draw. I couldn’t do that to David anymore and I couldn’t compromise my ability to take care of my children anymore. So, I decided that I would stop. The next day my Mom was flying into town and I was worried that I would get a headache driving up to the airport to get her. Well, I think Heavenly Father knew that I had been through enough, and he knew that I was ready to quit caffeine, because I have not had a withdraw headache once since quitting caffeine. It is amazing to me because I had tried so many times before. But I am grateful that Heavenly Father made it easy for me. In addition to being healthier for me, it is easier on the pocket book because I rarely get soda when eating out since I don’t like non-diet soda. So now caffeine and alcohol are on the same page in my book. I avoid them on equal levels.
No comments:
Post a Comment